Cabinet Battle (Original Song!)
Alexander Hamilton –vs- Thomas Jefferson
Directions: Working in PAIRS or in groups of 3— you will write an ORIGINAL SONG showcasing:
* A "CABINET BATTLE" - focusing on differing opinions of Alexander Hamilton & Thomas Jefferson within George Washington’s first administration
* A "PERSONAL BIOGRAPHY" - focusing on the life, obstacles , and achievements of this individual.
Themes include the following:
- Personal Background (Biographical Song)
- Strict –vs- Loose Construction (Interpretation of the Constitution)
- For example: Constitutionality of the National Bank
- Rule by the Wealthy or the Working Class? (Best Form of Government)
- Industry or Agriculture? (Ideal Economy)
Your Song can be written in ANY GENRE or style of music: rap, hip-hop, rock, pop, country, blues, jazz, reggae, a cappella (just vocal), disco, grunge, etc.
Rubric: Your song must HAVE:
* A Catchy TITLE with a Theme
* A minimum of THREE VERSES
* A minimum of TWO CHORUSES
* CANNOT EXCEED THREE MINUTES
* CAN be INSTRUMENTAL or NON-INSTRUMENTAL
* MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE! (PG-13!)
* EACH GROUP MEMBER MUST PERFORM AT LEAST ONE VERSE
* Must be recorded on an AUDIO file, saved as an MP3, and submitted on a FLASH DRIVE.
* Must Have PRINTED SONG LYRICS submitted with audio file that includes: Song Title, First and Last Names of all Group Members, and Period Number.
* Use your own recording device (phone voice memo, garage band, etc.)
* Individual or Group (No more than 3 people per group)
When? Turn in Song and Lyrics Sheet on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019.
* Turn in Mp4 AUDIO file via flash drive on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019.
* Print: Song Lyrics w/Song Title, Group Members Names, and
Points: This project is worth 100 Points per person
EXTRA CREDIT OPTIONS:
25 points EXTRA CREDIT will be given to groups that turn in a STELLAR ALBUM COVER. Dimensions should be 10 x 12 inches, show TITLE, Credit all Group Members and show color, creativity, and content.
50 points EXTRA CREDIT will be given to groups that turn in a STELLAR MUSIC VIDEO performing their song.
Extra Credit options ALSO due on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019.